Moist White Cake Recipe
4 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
7 egg whites
2 cups whole milk
9 tablespoons unsalted buttter, slightly softened and cut into 1/2 inche pieces
2 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat over to 350 Degrees. Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans, and set aside.
2. In bowl, sift the salt and baking powder into the cake flour, and stir the mixture till combined.
3. In a medium bowl, break up the egg whites with a fork, add milk, and mix together lightly.
4. In a large bowl, cream the buttter. Add the sugar, and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, and continue to beat.
5. Add the flour and egg white mixture to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Stop beating once all is blended into the mixture.
6. Pour the batter into prepared pans, an bake for 45 minutes, or until cake center is dry.
7. Cool for 10 minutes and invert the cake onto a cooling rack to cool completely before frostine.